Nederland Community Presbyterian Church

This historic church, built in 1916 was in need of a facelift as the years had taken their toll. A creek bed is edged with xeric plantings which thrive in the harsh southern exposure. A new sign, crafted from rustic wood, stone, and metal help to proclaim this church’s mountain heritage.

In the rear of the church a circular courtyard with seat walls forms an outdoor gathering space for concerts and classes. The creek area is a wildlife sanctuary with native plantings to provide food and habitat. Flagstone pathways connect the courtyard to the new rear entrance to the church, parking, and the renovated play area.